You don’t need anything but some good ab exercises. We all know exercise is very crucial for overall health, and when you're trying to lose weight it becomes even more essential. So my question is where to start? How about I tell you 10 best ab exercises for getting your tummy in shape, which will target multiple muscles, rejuvenate your metabolism, and torch calories. No doubt in the starting you will feel hard, but remember No pain no gain!!
Plank – one of the ab exercises:
You can do it at you home without a trainer. It is one of the basic moves that can help you to get in shape It is one of the best ab exercises that anyone can follow.
- Get down on the floor.
- Make sure your body is straight with hands underneath your shoulders keeping the weight of the body.
- Keep your abs tight.
Jumping Jacks – can be considered within ab exercises.
Jumping Jacks are one of the best cardio moves that are very effective in cutting fat from the entire body. And hence comes under good ab exercises as well.
- Stand with your back straight and abs tight keeping your feet together.
- Now jump. Open your feet wide while jumping.
- At the same time lift your arms while jumping.
- Jump again and come back to the starting position.
Bridge -- One of the most sought-after ab exercises.
It makes your abdominals tight and strengthens it. It is also one of the good ab exercises.
- Lie down on your back with knees bent and feet on the floor.
- Raise your hips up as much as you can until you get a straight posture from shoulders to knees.
- Squeeze your butt-cheeks together.
- Lower your booty towards the floor and then raise back up.
Bicycle crunches -- It is really really one of the best ab exercises that one must include in his/her ab exercises.
It is a combo of cardio plus ab exercises. Lie back on the ground and bending your knees, lift your calves until they become parallel to the floor.
- Now straighten your right leg and bind your hands behind your neck for support.
- Keep your shoulders off the floor.
- Now try to touch your left bent knee and opposite elbow.
- Then straighten the left leg and bend the right leg and touch it to the left elbow.
- Keep alternating as fast as you can.
Grinding -- One of the killer ab exercises.
It is one of the effective ab exercises.
- Sit with your legs straight in front of you and back erect.
- Bring your arm sides forward and join your hands.
- Now start making big clockwise/anticlockwise circles as if you are grinding mill.
- Do 15-20 reps clockwise and then anti-clockwise.
The climb up – one of the crunchiest ab exercises:
Crunchier than most of the other crunches I've ever tried, this move also makes the cut easily because it's novel and one of the best ab exercises.
- Start by lying on the floor with a 3-foot-long scarf or towel wrapped around the ball of your right foot, knees bent, left the foot on the floor.
- Hold the scarf in both hands, and extend your right leg, keeping your foot flexed.
- Slowly walk your hands up the scarf as you lift your head and shoulders off the floor. Hold for a count of 2.
- Now lower yourself back to the starting position, walking your hands back down the scarf.
- Do two sets of 8 to 10 reps on each side Be sure to keep your head neutral — don't tuck your chin or tilt back.